Sunday, January 8, 2012

New beginnings

So I joined a 12 week weight loss challenge on a forum I belong to. Basically an online version of the biggest loser. We all paid an entry fee and cash prizes are awarded to the top three winners. While cash is great motivation of course my health is the biggest motivation. I plan to chronicle my weight loss journey for at least one year but I may keep going for longer so I can be sure I stay motivated. I am very anti weight loss surgery and I fully believe that with proper nutrition and exercise anyone can lose weight. Now I understand that some folks are to far gone that they need surgery to assist but if your like me and circling the bowl so to speak there is still time. don't give up, and don't gain more just so you might qualify for surgery. I have heard that people actually do that. So that is my motivation if I can inspire one person to do this with out surgery then I will call that a win.



So my stats. I am 5'3 and 227.2 pounds at my start. And well it ain't pretty. Here you get to see that.






My first weigh in was 1/5/2012 it took me 2 days to gather courage to take the pics. I think I will take monthly pics and monthly measurements. Weekly I will update my weight and what my diet/exercise was like for the week.


My measurements are as follows (taken on 1/5/12)

Bust 44

Chest 41

Waist 43

Hip 49

thigh 28 (larger than my 9 year olds waist )

Calves 17

Upper arm 15 1/2

Forearm 11 1/2

Neck 16 1/2


My long and short term goals

Short term (ie during this challenge)

1. 30 minutes of exercise 3x a week

2. Drink more water

3. Kick my sweet tea habit

4. Lose 2 inches preferably in the waist and not the boobs

5. Go down a dress size

6. Eat breakfast every day

7. Reach challenge goal weight of 199

8. Do C25K


Long term goals

1. Have my blood pressure under control without meds

2. Be a size 14 or smaller (as in just want to be out of the plus section)

3. Reach 150 pounds or less and maintain it

4. Have nice family photos done as I never have because I hate the way I look

5. Impress family next Christmas who complimented my sister 1,000 times on her weight loss

6. Run a 5k

7. I want my boobs to stick out further than my gut


Well there you have it. I will report in after my next weigh in and give you an overview of my week. and the results :)


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

No comments:

Post a Comment